Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"you can't hit the broadside of a BARN"




His first shot was his best. By far. Hit the 2nd ring of the BullsEye. 'bout a half an inch from the 10 spot. But the recoil made him wince with fear. "Holy cow this baby has some KICK!" He stepped back for a minute. He couldn't hit the paper after that. "what's the point of even having one if I can't even hit the paper Nick?" he asked on the ride home. "I'd have a better chance injuring a perp by throwing my gun at him than I ever would shooting him" "or her" he quickly clarified to make sure I knew a perp could be a "her" too. He looked down at his phone. "I just got a text from Mabel. She said she's really good with a gun". "She's crazy huh Nick?" "There is no way she could hit the paper." "She might be able to shoot a rifle, but that is so different. I'm serious! she has NO IDEA." "I'd really like to see her try". "Look at me, I'm still shaking" He held up his quivering hand. "maybe if she put the target like 2 inches from the barrel she could hit it." he laughed. "but maybe it would be too loud for Bella". "do you think?" "Maybe I'll just put a bunch of cotton balls around her belly and wrap it with an ACE." he chuckled. He grabbed the target from the floor, looked at his first shot again, shook his head and then got out of my car.

1 comment:

Xavier Monge said...

I don't think I'm ready for that kind of power. I stick with the Wii version.