Monday, August 11, 2008

it happened at work today....

Overly zealous Mormon guy at my office : My wife is so amazing at picking fantasy sports teams and stuff. Seriously dude, she's been in like 7 pools with me and my friends and she's won almost EVERY ONE OF THEM.
Me: Really?
Overly zealous Mormon guy at my office: Seriously bro, and I think she picks them by which name she likes better or which team has the cutest outfits.
Me: Outfits?
Overly zealous Mormon guy at my office: yes. she picks 'em by looking at their YOOONs.
Me: Yoons?
OZMGAMO: YOON IFORMS! dude, you don't know what "YOONs" are? HAW HAW HAW didn't you play any sports growing up?
Me: Yes but I've never heard them called YOONs.
OZMGAMO: Seriously bro? you've never heard of "Unis" being short for uniforms.
Me: yes I've heard of "Unis".. just not YOOONS
OZMGAMO: Yoons and Unis are the same.
Me: Oh.
Me: Well, maybe you should take your wife to Vegas.
OZMGAMO: Why?
Me: um..... for the buffet - and to see the temple
OZMGAMO: Do they have a nice temple in Vegas?
Me: Ya, its sweet

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Why does he have to be an overly zealous mormon guy? Why couldn't he be an overly zealous methodist or something. Dang it, they always ruin it for the rest of us.

That was an interesting convo you had with him, though. Hilarious.(That's "conversation" for all you that don't understand the lingo of shortening words). That guy sounds like a complete nerd and not the brightest crayon in the box either! I'm just saying...

Xavier Monge said...

Yoons! I know that guy. Or I have met at least 5 of his clones.

BriemTeam said...

Hilarious! I'm laughing so hard. What a freakin dork! Hopefully you don't have many conversations with him. Painful!

Eric said...

I'm disappointed that you didn't get a picture of you two embracing in a side hug, and that you couldn't rearrange his acronym to be ORGAZMO. Maybe you haven't been around the DeGraaff folk long enough to sink that low. Have you seen Cannibal! yet? Perhaps we need to have a showing.

Larissa said...

Hey Spew, what do you mean sink that low? I am offended!

When I saw OZMGAMO for the first time, I thought of Orgazmo too. I haven't even seen Cannibal yet, but alas, I am a DeGraaff!

Summer said...

I do have to admit that I also saw ORGAZMO written in that jumble of letters.