Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Let's fire this thing back up again. I've been inspired recently to record my thoughts and experiences. I've been reading in my journals from my Mission the past few nights. I left on my mission when I was 19. I had lived 19 years on this earth pre-mission. Was in Korea for 2 years returning to Utah when I was 21. Fast forward 22 years to today. I can't believe my life post mission is now longer than my pre-mission life. It's mind boggling to me. What have I learned? I've traveled the world. Seen some amazing things. Met some amazing people. Had many, truly life altering experiences. Here's what I know.

Family and Friends determine, to a large extent the richness of one's life
Experiences add the flavor and color
Always plan things to look forward to - they'll get you through the hard times
Things don't make you happy but they can make experiences more fulfilling
No matter how much money you have, you could always use more
I searched for YEARS to find peace and contentment
I realized YEARS later that it's part of our humanity to learn to live with worry, stress and anxiety; ...it's part of the journey
Pure joy comes when you least expect it, and often at the most peculiar times. 
Sadness never lasts forever; neither does laughter
Life is easiest when you love deepest
Hatred and bitterness drain the soul
Our fears of what might happen are always worse than what actually does happen
Children have the answers and live in a magical world. Try to be there with them often
It's easy to be lazy, it's hard to stay motivated; sometimes it's hard to smile and easy to cry
Being outside is almost ALWAYS better than being inside.
Don't skimp on important things: buy quality whenever possible. It always pays off in the long run
Above all else, be nice to one another. Care about each other. Help your neighbor. The end.









No comments: